Note: this is a grant-based position. Only young professionals meeting “Youth Employment in Natural Resources” program eligibility criteria may apply.
Our Energy group is looking for a Renewable Energy Consultant (Sales and Consulting) to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding our business in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Do you have direct experience and demonstrated success in technical sales and business development in either of the above-mentioned areas? If so, we would love to hear from you!
You will collaborate closely with internal and external teams to define projects, create new accounts, provide technical support to account executives, develop cost estimate, support investment review processes, design and execution plans, etc. Working closely with members of the Energy team, you will support projects with financial and technical guidance from conception into commissioning and operation.
- A university or college degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, economics, or related disciplines
- A sound understanding of basic electrical engineering principles
- A basic understanding of renewable energy systems, advanced knowledge is an asset
- Experience in energy system analysis and modeling is an asset
- Proven track record of customer acquisition
- Strong communications skills, both oral and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal, and service-oriented skills
- Previous sales or consulting experience
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Not afraid of rejection
- Passionate about renewables
- Advising customers on the right solution for their power requirements
- Providing technical support to the team
- Making and receiving calls and emails
- Answering basic and advanced questions from customers
- Presenting proposals and educating potential clients about renewable energy products and services and the benefits of investing
- Following up with potential customers
- Creating revenue by managing your territory
- Sourcing new clients, creating new accounts, and maintaining existing accounts
- Work alongside the procurement department to solicit and analyze quotations for various disciplines from subcontractors and other suppliers
- Perform other estimating/cost engineering responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Staying up to date on renewable energy related equipment
- Sales quota of $500,000.
The position has a salary plus commission-based compensation plan. There will be no caps on commissions. A cell phone, business cards, marketing pamphlets, and training will be provided. Upon successful completion of the first year, we will re-negotiate the terms including compensation and shareholder opportunities.